Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
International tourism is one of the biggest industries contributing towards the economic growth of a country. It does create some conflicts between locals and visitors but these are not complicated issues and hence I do not agree with the argument that it creates more tension than understanding.
International tourism creates some worries because there is a cultural difference between the tourists and the locals. The tourists who visit foreign countries are not completely aware of the culture and the traditions of that country, because of which they are misunderstood for their activities by the natives. As a result, the locals sometimes take offence leading to conflicts and misunderstandings between them and the visitors. For instance, locals in Tirupati caught a foreign tourist, who tried to enter the temple with a bottle of beer. Later the tourist was informed of the religious significance of that temple.
On the bright side, international tourism plays a major role in promoting global peace and understanding. When people visit other countries, they learn to respect their culture and way of life. This facilitates better relationship between countries.
As for the conflicts, they can be resolved easily. Both the locals and the tourist should be aware of the cultural differences and the locals cannot expect the foreigners to know everything about the tradition of the place they are visiting. Furthermore, locals should not get into conflicts with tourists; rather they should make the tourists understand the traditional values and the ethics. Similarly, foreigners should give respect and cooperate with the local people in order to avoid any unnecessary conflicts. The government of both the countries should educate the people to understand the cultural difference and how to deal with such issues.
In conclusion, though some conflicts may arise due to the growing popularity of international tourism, in my opinion, it is largely a positive trend and needs to be promoted. The minor issues that could arise can be sorted out with a little effort.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding Between People From Different Cultures | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourists Creates More Conflicts Than Understanding | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think That International Tourism Is Bad | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- Over the last few decades, there has been an increase in international tourism | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Tourism Should Be Banned In Some Areas To Protect Culture
- Do The Disadvantages Of International Traveling Outweigh The Advantages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attraction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?