International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Popular events like the football world Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in the safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Major sports events like Olympics and World Cup Football Championship generate considerable interest all over the world. People all over the world watch them and support their teams with great fervour. Some people believe that such events are essential for easing tension between countries. I fully agree with this view.
Sports have always brought people together. The Greeks who started the Olympics used to even halt wars to take part in these events. Even today, wars and conflicts take a back seat when there is a major sporting event like World Cup or Olympics. That is because the soldiers who fight the wars also want to watch these games. Consequently a sense of calm prevails all over the world during such events.
Sporting events also give people a safe opportunity to express their patriotism. When people support their teams they forget their regional identities and think of themselves as one. For example, when there is a cricket match between India and Pakistan the whole of Indians come together to root for their team. People forget their regional identities and other differences and become one. For spectators, supporting their own team is also a great way to express their patriotism. When their team defeats the rival team in the World Cup, people experience the same exhilaration that they would experience if their country had won a war. However, unlike a war, sporting events do not lead to bloodshed. In other words, supporting one’s team in a sporting event is a safe and peaceful way to give vent to patriotic feelings.
To conclude, major sporting events bring people together and help reduce tension among countries. They are also a safe way to express feelings of patriotism.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That International Sporting Events Create Conflicts Between People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Multinational companies benefit from sponsoring sporting events
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | When MNCs Sponsor Sporting Events Is It Good?
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television