An International Car Free Day Is A Solution To Air Pollution | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think an international car-free day is an effective way to reduce air pollution. Others think there are more effective ways to do this. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
A certain group of people believe that a day without cars is an effective way to lessen air pollution in many countries. However, some others think differently and insist / argue that there are several alternative ways to maintain air purity. In this essay, I will discuss both views before arriving at a conclusion.
The combustion of fossil fuels in vehicles leads to the emission of harmful gases like carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Diminishing air quality is one of the immediate effects of this emission. A car free day will certainly reduce emission and improve air quality on that day and perhaps on the next day as well; however, it is not a permanent solution because the air quality will worsen as soon as cars return to roads.
A better solution is to reduce or completely stop the burning of coal and other fossil fuels by switching to alternate sources of energy. A lion’s share of world electricity production is from thermal power plants which use coal as a fuel to generate energy. Thus it is evident that coal is one of the major causes of pollution and its consumption must be reduced. Even though electric vehicles are better alternatives to fossil fuel powered engines, the atmospheric pollution caused by electricity generation from coal is alarmingly increasing.
In conclusion, a car-free day alone does not help much in reducing air pollution. A better solution is to identify and avoid major pollutants. Therefore, in my opinion, limiting the use of coal and exploring renewable sources like solar and hydropower are more effective ways to reduce air pollution.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Effective Way To Reduce Industrial Pollution Is To Tax The Companies That Cause Them
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Demand For Oil And Gas Is Increasing
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Reduce Air Pollution
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill