Information About Energy Consumption In The US | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.
Here is a model answer for this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
IELTS Task 1 Academic Report Sample
The given line graph illustrates trends in the consumption of different types of energy in the US during the period between 1980 and 2020. Projections until 2030 are also given.
Overall, it can be seen that petrol and oil were the biggest source of energy throughout the given period. While in 1980, 35 quadrillion units of petrol and oil were consumed, this figure rose to 40 quadrillion units by 2020. The consumption of petrol and oil is expected to grow even further in the coming years and may reach 50 quadrillion units by 2030. Natural gas was the second most widely used fuel in 1980 with consumption amounting to 20 quadrillion units. Its popularity declined over the next decade and then began to steadily increase until 2000. Afterwards, its consumption declined slightly before increasing again in 2015 when 25 quadrillion units of natural gas were consumed. This figure is expected to remain stagnant over the next 10 years. Coal was the third most widely used energy source in 1980. Its consumption steadily increased over the next decades and by 2020 it had replaced natural gas as the second most popular source of energy. The consumption of coal is expected to reach 30 quadrillion units by 2030.
Clean sources of energy like nuclear, wind and solar accounted for only a small amount of the total energy consumption. while less than 5 quadrillion units of each of them were consumed in 1980, their consumption did not increase much over the years. While the consumption of nuclear energy increased slightly, the consumption of solar/wind and hydropower remained more or less stagnant throughout the given period.
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Daily Consumption Of Three Spreads Per Person From 1981 To 2007 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Consumption Of Various Food Groups By People Of Germany | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Trends In Tea And Coffee Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Energy Use In A Typical Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report
- Production of Geothermal Energy | Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Energy Consumption In Average Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Water Consumption In Six Areas | Task 1 IELTS Report Sample
- Population Figures For India And China IELTS Report Sample