Industries Should Be Moved to Rural Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industries to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
According to some people bigger companies and industrial sectors should be moved to the rural areas. In my opinion, the benefits of this proposition outnumber the drawbacks.
One significant advantage of moving industries to regional areas is the significant decrease in air, water and noise pollution. In other words, companies and industries produce a lot of by-products as waste. Their proper disposal requires a lot of space which is not readily available in cities. So, if companies are situated in urban areas, they will not be able to treat the waste properly because of space constraints. This will cause pollution in the cities. Since population density in cities is very high, the pollution will affect a lot of people. Since rural areas are less populated, more free space is available there for treating industrial waste. In other words, moving industries to the countryside is a great way to reduce pollution.
Nonetheless, there is a major drawback to moving industries and companies to the suburbs. Industries and companies give employment to many people around the area. If they shift to a farther location, it will lead to unemployment in cities. On the bright side, it will also encourage more people to move to the countryside. Another disadvantage of shifting industries to the suburbs is the decline in productivity because of the delay in getting raw materials. However, with proper planning, these problems can be resolved to a great extent.
To conclude, there are definitely a few disadvantages to moving industries to the countryside – it may create unemployment in cities; however, in my opinion, this move will also make cities cleaner and less congested because it will encourage more people to move to the suburbs.
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Consequences of overpopulation in urban areas
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Believe That The Countryside Should Not Be Used For Building New Homes
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Countryside Should Be Used For Building Homes