Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS Essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Traffic congestion and pollution have become major problems worldwide. Pollution is particularly worse in the big cities. While it is possible that higher petrol prices will solve the traffic and pollution problems to a great extent, raising the price of oil is not the best solution. However, I believe that other measures are more effective.
The main reason why raising the fuel prices is not the right solution is that it is the short-term measure. Although it might cut the number of vehicles on the road, it largely affects the prices of food and other goods. For instance, in India, my home country, everything relies on the transport. If petrol prices increase, the prices of commodities in the market will also increase. This will lead to inflation in the market which has a big domino impact on what people end up paying even for a slice of bread.
A better solution is to find measures that will work in the long run. To illustrate, escalating the investment in alternative fuels and improving public transport are more effective measures than increasing petrol prices. Traffic and pollution problems will not be solved until people start using the public transport. For this reason, the government should make public transport available at cheap rates and prohibit cars from city centres.
To conclude, this essay discussed how the growing population and worsening air quality have made it imperative for governments and people to adopt change and cut the use of private transport. However, in my opinion, increasing the cost of petrol is not the right solution for traffic congestion. Instead of taking this drastic measure, governments should invest in public transport and clean fuel.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing Car Ownership Has Made Many Cities One Big Traffic Jam
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Providing Free Public Transport Is The Best Way To Reduce Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Should fuel prices be increased to reduce pollution?