Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, traffic congestion and pollution are among the major concerns around the globe. It has been said that increasing the cost of petrol could be a viable solution. However, it has some negative impact too. In my opinion, there are other effective measures to solve this issue.
To start with, increasing the price of fossil fuels will definitely reduce the use of private vehicles to a certain extent. Nevertheless, it will have an adverse impact on the middle class families and as a result will disturb their financial budget in a greater way. To cite an example, in the year 2014, unexpected hike in petrol prices had lead to controversies and for almost a month public transportation and taxis stopped working. In other words, local people suffered a lot during that period.
Alternatively, we can opt for other options which are more effective and convenient. Firstly, the government must promote the use of electric vehicles and at the same time automobile industries should also start bringing more eco-friendly four wheelers. Secondly, we should also contribute our bit towards the welfare of our country by using public transportation. For instance, In London, the majority of the population uses buses and trains for travelling. To encourage people to use public transport, the government should start investing in the maintenance of roads and railways.
To conclude, raising the cost of petrol alone will not give the desired result. However, promoting the use of public transportation and its benefits will help to overcome the problem of traffic jams. Also, introduction of electric vehicles will reduce pollution to a great extent.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Government Should Increase The Tax On Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport