Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for essay organization ideas and writing tips.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Traffic and pollution have significantly increased over the years. Some people believe that raising the price of petrol would resolve such issues. I completely disagree with this idea. This essay will elaborate on the reasons why and suggest possible solutions to minimize pollution and traffic congestion.
I believe hiking the cost of petrol is not a viable solution that can be implemented globally. It is unlikely to deter wealthy people who own a fleet of cars from driving their own vehicles. Consequently, this move will fail to reduce the number of private cars on roads. At the same time, it will make life miserable for poor people by causing an increase in the price of essential commodities. Needless to say, increasing the cost of petrol will neither solve traffic problems nor reduce air pollution.
Instead of raising the price of fuel, the government can take some other measures to effectively tackle this problem. First, corporate companies whose employees require only a computer to do their work should allow them to work from home at least 3-4 days a week. This would reduce the carbon footprint of daily commuters traveling for work. Another solution is that governments should create new laws that would restrict the number of vehicles a household can own. This would curb unnecessary spending on new cars and motorbikes. Both these solutions can positively impact the environment while discouraging excessive use of vehicles. Improving the frequency and reliability of public transport is another way to discourage the use of private cars.
In conclusion, air pollution and traffic troubles cannot be resolved by just increasing the cost of fuel. Instead the government should make public transport more reliable and promote work from home options to reduce people’s need to travel.
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Should Increase Tax On Petrol To Reduce Traffic And Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Cost Of Fuel Is The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- One Of The Best Ways To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Cost Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- To Solve The Ever-Increasing Environmental Hazards The Best Way Is To Increase The Price Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample