In The Past People Used To Wear Traditional Clothes Depending On Their Culture | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In the past people used to wear their traditional clothes depending on their culture. Nowadays the trend is changing and people wear different clothes. Is it a positive or negative development? How does it affect certain societies and people’s behavior?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People have been taking pride in their culture by wearing ethnic attires since antiquity. However, modernization has transformed the world these days and people wear various garments and do not give importance to traditional clothes. Owing to this, cultural symbols are gradually diminishing and individuals, as well as societies, are getting impacted. Hence, it is a negative trend as people are getting detached from their own culture and society.
In the bygone eras, people usually wore traditional attires that distinguished them from other cultures. Hence, it is evident that these clothes represent our culture. If the significance of these garments is lost then culture will be affected. For example, now-a-days many people from East India do not wear sarees and dhotis on the occasion of the ‘Makar Sankranti’ festival, which is one of the famous festivals of that region. As a result, the indigenous culture has started fading away and soon it will become history. Hence, although we can wear different kinds of clothes as per our wish and convenience, we should respect our culture by wearing ethnic clothes more often so that this ethnicity will pass down to the next generations.
Moreover, there are other negative implications to this, which impact) the attitudes of an individual and society. Undoubtedly, traditional clothes bring positive vibes and light up / brighten our moods. Moreover, people feel a sense of belonging to a particular community when they are in their respective ethnic. In other words, it binds a society as one and gives it unique characteristics. Lack of this certainly disintegrates the society and people will lose their individuality. For example, a popular attire ‘Mekhla-Sador’ gives a unique identity to Assamese women. Hence, wearing traditional garments is imperative for an individual as well as a society.
To recapitulate, in this contemporary era, traditional clothes are losing their importance due to globalization. It is a negative trend as it affects the society as well as individuals by making them lose their originality.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Buying Fashionable Clothes
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | We Can Tell A Lot About A Person’s Character From Their Choice Of Clothes
- Some People Say It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In The Past, Many People Had Skills Such As Making Their Own Clothes And Doing Repairs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Can Know About Culture And Life Through Internet. So There Is No Need To Travel To Other Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample