In The Modern World, It Is Possible To Shop, Work And Communicate Online Without Face To Face Contact With Other People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In the modern world, it is possible to shop, work, and communicate online without any face-to-face contact with other people. Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.Find essay organization ideas and writing lessons on my Youtube channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Owing to the digitalization, these days, many activities are possible without any physical interactions. Although digital ways of shopping, working, and communicating are convenient and economical, in my opinion, their detrimental effects such as relationship conflicts and risk of fraudulence make them a negative development.
Undoubtedly, due to the surge in digital technology, people can now save time and money and lead a comfortable life. This is because of multiple reasons. Firstly, with the help of online shopping people can receive their favorite items at their doorsteps in no time with just a few clicks on mobile. As a result, they can save a huge expenditure on petrol consumed for supermarket trips. Secondly, communication has become quite easy and convenient due to the availability of applications such as Skype, WhatsApp, and many more, through which people can communicate with anyone without actually visiting their places. Moreover, digital advancement has benefitted the employees as well, as nowadays, many people work from home using the internet which provides them the comfort of working according to their schedule.
Despite the aforementioned advantages, I believe this is a negative trend due to its numerous drawbacks. Primarily, fewer face-to-face interactions tend to create social and personal differences. To exemplify, according to a study by Hopkins University, 40% of the people are likely to become socially aloof by the end of 2030, owing to the lack of interest in meeting others in person, caused by the huge influx in digital communication. Not only will this lead to issues with personal and social relationships, but it will also lead to people having issues within work because no facial interactions can easily create misunderstandings and conflicts with colleagues. Additionally, online shopping sometimes leads to fraud and misleads. Some fraudulent people hide the true identity of products while representing them online and mislead their customers with fake reviews and ratings.
In conclusion, while digital purchasing, employment, and interaction provide convenience and ease, in my perspective, these developments are more negative because they lead to social alienation and online scams.
- With An Increasing Population Communicating Via The Internet, Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of The Past | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Businesses As Well As Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, Online Shopping Is Replacing Physical Shopping In Stores | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- An Increasing Number Of People Are Buying What They Need Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Argue That Online Courses Are Better Than Offline Courses | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Are Choosing To Find Information Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Technology Has Made Man More Social | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample