In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing, and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Despite knowing the detrimental impact of obesity on health, people around the world are getting heavier than before. This essay will examine the major causes of this issue and suggest some viable solutions to tackle it.
The main causes of increasing body weight and decreasing fitness levels are the sedentary lifestyle of people and excessive consumption of junk food. Fast food companies are spending millions of dollars to promote their products on TV and the internet. These commercials make unhealthy food seem extremely tempting and mouth-watering. As a result, people especially children unconsciously gorge on them. Unfortunately, excessive consumption of junk leads to obesity and health problems because obese people are more likely to develop diabetes and heart trouble.
Another factor contributing to growing cases of obesity is the sedentary lifestyle of people. Due to the growing academic and work pressure, children as well as adults do not get enough time to work out. Worse, even when people are free, instead of working out in a gym, they prefer to watch a movie on the TV or computer. This way of life has a negative impact on their health.
Promoting health awareness among people and enforcing strict censorship on food advertisements are the best ways to combat this issue. The government and the media should inform people of the harmful consequences of leading an inactive life. Once the public are aware of the negative effect of obesity, they are more likely to take actions to change their lifestyle. Another solution is to ban misleading food advertisements that target children. The government must ensure that food companies are not promoting unhealthy food as healthy.
To conclude, there is no denying the fact that the growing cases of obesity and decreasing levels of health are a major concern around the world. To combat this issue, the government should launch health awareness campaigns and ban misleading ads that encourage the consumption of fast food.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Average Weight Of People Are Increasing | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods