In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In some countries, obesity is becoming an epidemic. This also affects the fitness level of people. In my opinion, the main causes of obesity are the sedentary lifestyle of people and their unhealthy dietary habits. I believe the only method of combating this epidemic is to modify the life styles and food habits of those concerned.
Most cases of obesity and associated health problems are reported from developed countries. Actually, affluent people are more likely to be obese than their poor counterparts. Studies have shown that the most common causes of obesity are a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of fast food and fizzy drinks. Various studies have also shown that individuals who exercise for at least 30 minutes per day and who follow a healthy diet have minimal chance of getting obese.
Another important reason for this fast growing problem is the lack of health awareness among the population. Most people including housewives and children neglect their health and that is a cause for concern. Schools in the UK now give a report of the weight of their students in the quarterly report to their parents. This shows the extent to which this epidemic has spread. In the past, the way of life itself assured good health. In a world without elevators, home appliances and luxury private transport, we were guaranteed of our daily dose of exercise.
The best way to curtail the spread of this menace is to attack it at the source. A good example is seen in Japan and Singapore where office workers and students are encouraged to get fit and exercise for 15 minutes. In countries like the UK, fast food and fizzy drinks are banned in and around schools and residential areas. More importantly, in Singapore, fitness is a measure of assessment at work and school.
In conclusion, the current lifestyle and eating habits are responsible for the rise in cases of obesity. Getting physically active and eating a healthy diet are the only way to combat this issue.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Society Provides People With Various Ways To Lose Weight | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Average Weight Of People Are Increasing | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample