In Some Countries People Follow The Latest Fashion And Hairstyles | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries, people follow the latest fashion and hairstyles. In your opinion, what is influencing this? Is this a good or bad thing?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Citizens of some nations tend to keep up with the latest fashion and hairstyles. In my opinion, celebrity influence is the root cause of this trend and it is a bad thing. Firstly, this essay will discuss how it changes the personality of the person and secondly, how the compulsive urge to stay updated with fashion can be a problematic factor when it comes to finances.
A person may become prone to personality disorders when they are overly influenced by a celebrity. Instead of being true to their own self, they start imitating the famous person and become a victim of identity crisis. For example, there has been a case in South India / in the southern region of India where a regular house-wife after being influenced by an actor lost her own personality. She started maintaining the same looks as the said actor and ended up in a failed marriage because her personality altered with the appearance.
Following the latest fashion means maintaining an updated wardrobe. Although there may exist a fake/copy of that designer piece, it certainly will not be cheap. Fashion keeps on changing from time to time and being a regular shopper will definitely drain a lot of money that could have been put to a better use. For example, a friend of mine spent a fortune to purchase branded clothes only to find out that it became out of fashion / it became dated the very next year.
To conclude, the practice of following latest fashion under the influence of celebrities should be discouraged as it leads to personality disorders as well as financial distress.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Buy Clothes And Choose Hairstyles According To Fashion Trends | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The clothing and fashion industry have a big influence on people. Is this a good or bad thing?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Popularity Of Fashion Clothes Shows The Tendency Of Human Beings To Copy One Another
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries It Is Becoming Increasingly Common For People To Follow A Vegetarian Diet | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Being A Celebrity Has More Advantages Than Disadvantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People In The Limelight Have A Responsibility To Set An Example For Others By Their Behaviour | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Being A Celebrity Brings More Benefits Or More Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That News And Media Are Affecting Our Lives In A Positive Way | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample