In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for government to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.You can find a video lesson on writing a to what extent do you agree/disagree essay here.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In certain countries people are facing too many health issues due to excessive consumption of fast food. Some people are of the view that to bring this in control the government ought to increase the tax on such food items. However, I completely disagree with this view as I feel that imparting health related knowledge to the citizens and banning hazardous food items are the best ways to deal with this problem.
Undoubtedly, consuming too much fast food leads to many health related concerns. To tackle this, the government has to step in and impart education to the citizens regarding the amount of fast food they can eat and its ill effects rather than imposing higher tax as it will increase the burden on middle class people. To illustrate, in most of the countries about 65% of the population consists of middle class and if the state imposes higher taxes on any food item they will be the most affected lot. Therefore educating people of all class about the health issues arising out of junk food consumption is more feasible.
Fast food contains certain ingredients which are extremely harmful to the human body. Such ingredients should be banned by the government to deal with the health problems arising out of its consumption. This step can eradicate the problem from its root cause. For example, Ajinomoto is one such ingredient which is extensively used in fast food preparations. Health specialists consider it as the slow poison to the human body and it also causes cancer. This kind of food substances used in fast food should be put on the banned list. This measure will be more successful than increasing the tax on fast food.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that imposing tax will not help much in solving the health issues arising out of excessive consumption of fast food as it will not address the root cause of the issue; rather it would put more economic pressure on poor and middle class sections of the society.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Prefer Readymade Food Instead Of Home Cooked Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample