In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While there is a lot being written about the health effects of excessive consumption of fast food, it is pertinent to ask whether the government should levy higher taxes on this type of food. In my opinion, it should. However, the government cannot shrug off their responsibility by merely / simply imposing extra tax and other effective measures need to be introduced to curb this increased appetite for convenience food.
Due to the busy lifestyle people do not get time to prepare nutritious and healthy food at home. Hence, they subsist on ready- made or processed food which has detrimental effect on their health. Conditions like diabetes, heart diseases and obesity are on an upsurge due to this excessive intake. One way of stopping people from eating fast food is to inflate its price. When people consider the impact of this fast food indulgence on their budget, they will automatically reduce its consumption.
However, increasing the prices may sound like a viable alternative but it may not always produce desired results. What is more important is to make people aware of the adverse effects of fast food consumption on a widespread level. The government should formulate policies and initiate awareness campaigns about the ill effects of junk food on people’s health. Although the fast food retailers will protest it, a statutory warning similar to the one displayed on cigarette packets should be printed on the packaging along with the ingredients and the unhealthy caloric value of the processed food. This will eventually make citizens more responsible for their own health
To conclude, citizens of a nation are its greatest assets; hence, the government should be responsible for its people’s health and therefore measures like greater taxes on fast food and mind-altering advertisement should be undertaken to make people cognisant of the ill-effects of fast food consumption.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out