In Some Areas Of The US Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Doors After a Particular Time At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In some areas of the US, a curfew is imposed, in which teenagers are not allowed to be out of doors after a particular time at night unless they are accompanied by an adult.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In certain parts of the United States, teenagers cannot go out after a particular hour of the night without the supervision of an adult. In my opinion, this is justified because adolescents are too young to keep themselves safe and secure at all times.
Keeping teenagers confined to their homes during the late hours of the night is beneficial for them. If they go out alone during this time, they are more likely to come into contact with criminals and paedophiles. For example, the drug mafia targets new ‘customers’ under the cover of darkness. If teenagers are out alone they are more likely to fall into such traps without realizing the consequences of their actions. They may start using drugs out of curiosity and eventually become addicts. Sexual predators also target children and teenagers who are alone at night. Young people cannot distinguish between good and bad relationships and may land themselves in trouble by befriending such people. Such situations will not arise if they spend the night at home.
On the other hand, if teenagers are accompanied by an adult, they are less likely to be approached by criminals. This protects them from many evils. Also, the parent or guardian who accompanies the children can keep a tab on their activities and warn them when they cross the limits.
In conclusion, this ‘curfew’ that prevents teens from going out of their home alone at late night is beneficial for them and protects them from crime and bad company. Since teenagers are too young to understand what is right or wrong, they need the care and protection of an adult when they are in vulnerable circumstances.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Some Areas Of The US, Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Door After A Particular Time Of Night | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay | Youth should not be allowed to participate in sports
- Ads Targeting Children Should Not Be Allowed During Prime Time | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- IELTS Essay: Rise in crime-rate among teenagers
- IELTS sample essay: Should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- IELTS essay: Teenagers are becoming addicted to drugs
- Write A Letter To The Mayor About Teenagers Letting Their Dogs Loose | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample