In Some Areas Of The US, A Curfew Is Imposed In Which Teenagers Cannot Be Out Of Doors At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In some areas of the US, a curfew is imposed, in which teenagers are not allowed to be out of doors after a particular time at night unless they are accompanied by an adult.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
In many parts of the United States, teenagers cannot go outdoors without adult supervision during the late hours of the night due to the imposition of a ‘curfew’. In my opinion, this step robs them of their basic human right to move about freely and could even affect their confidence levels in adulthood.
To begin with, being able to go outdoors is a constitutional right of all humans guaranteed by the US constitution. Preventing young people from going out at night without a parent or guardian is a bit like stripping them of that basic right. Of course, being out at late hours can pose many threats to the safety of teens. However, stopping them from venturing out is hardly the solution to this problem. Instead parents and teachers should make children aware of the vicious crimes such as looting, rape, kidnapping and substance abuse that are prevalent during the night hours. When children are equipped with knowledge, they will be able to better safeguard themselves and can be safely outdoors at any hour of the day or the night.
Additionally, going out with an adult is not always a feasible option especially since many children have parents or caretakers who work late night. For instance, teenage children of doctors, nurses, paramedics and 24-hour store employees are usually alone at night. If these children want to go out at night, it is not always easy for them to find a familiar adult who can accompany them. This can put them in trouble if they have urgent errands to run or late night parties to attend. Even returning home alone from a friend’s or relative’s place at night can put them in trouble and such situations have to be avoided.
To summarise, in my opinion, teenagers should be allowed to go outdoors at night. They should be empowered with knowledge and technology so as to safe-guard themselves from sticky situations. These steps will not only make them independent and confident but also give them the freedom to make their own choices in life.
- In Some Areas Of The US Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Doors After a Particular Time At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US, Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Door After A Particular Time Of Night | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Societies The Number Of Crimes Committed By Teenagers Is Growing | Band 9 Essay Sample
- In Some Societies The Number Of Crimes Committed By Teenagers Is Growing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Spent The Night At An Expensive Hotel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Booked A Holiday With Fly-by-Night Travel | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- One Of Your Friends Wants To Apply For A Job Involving Working With Foreign Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Essay: Rise in crime-rate among teenagers
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- IELTS essay: Teenagers are becoming addicted to drugs