In Recent Years, Many Small Local Stores Have Closed | Band 8 IELTS Sample
In recent years, many small local shops have closed because customers travel to large shopping centres or malls to do their shopping. Is this a positive or a negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is true that shopping malls have had a profound impact on the business of small shops and as a result of this, many local vendors have closed their shops. In my opinion, it is a positive development due to the number of advantages offered by shopping complexes.
Large shopping malls are preferred shopping places for the vast majority of people. This is primarily because these malls provide one stop solution to every need of their customers. These places sell everything, such as branded clothes, kitchen appliances and electronic gadgets, that their customer wants. Apart from catering to the shopping needs, these places act as a perfect picnic spot for many families as there are food courts and cinema halls in the same building. Many people prefer to spend their leisure time at these spaces and rejuvenate themselves.
Large shopping malls have also removed major inconveniences such as the lack of parking facilities and time taken to travel from one shop to the other. As these malls are situated in a large building, dedicated parking space is available for consumers to park their vehicle. They can enjoy their shopping without worrying about their vehicles being towed away by the government authorities. Moreover, by shopping at these places, a person can save his precious time. There is no need to hop from one shop to another in search for their preferred thing. As many people face shortage of time, the time saved can be used for more value added activities.
In conclusion, large shopping malls have made shopping convenient and hassle free by stocking all the items under one roof and eliminating parking woes. Hence, in my opinion, their advent is a positive development.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Recent Years Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Malls | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local Shops Have Closed Because Of Large Shopping Malls | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- Many Local Shops Are Closing Are They Are Unable To Compete With Large Supermarkets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops