In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Problems related to traffic is one of the most common issues in many countries. It is often argued that to resolve such problems, the government should impose heavy taxes on the private car owners and utilise the collected funds for upgrading public transportation. Imposing huge taxes will have certain benefits but there will be some negative consequences as well.
Collection of huge tax from respective car owners will produce positive results in many ways. Firstly, it will discourage many people from buying cars. In many families, it is not uncommon for each individual to have their own cars. The heavy tax will discourage prevent such practices to a great extent. Secondly, when private vehicles are taxed heavily, it will lead to an increase in the usage of public transport like buses and trains. When there are fewer vehicles on the roads, traffic jams will reduce to a great extent. Also, the air quality will improve. Last but not least, the funds raised from these new implementations can be used not only for improving public transport but also for developing roads and safety measures.
On the contrary, this move is unlikely to affect rich people who own most of the cars. They will continue to buy as many cars as they want. At the same time, the increase in tax will make the car unaffordable to the middle class and lower middle class families. Also, the reduction in car sales will hurt the automobile industry which employs tens of thousands of people.
To conclude, imposing heavy taxes on private vehicles will certainly reduce the number of cars on the roads and improve the traffic situation to some extent. However, this move has its downsides which cannot be ignored.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate?
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Providing Free Public Transport Is The Best Way To Reduce Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample