The large number of private cars on the roads in many parts of the world has led to serious problems of pollution and may contribute to global warming. Some people think that governments should spend money for the development of public transportation systems in order to help solve this problem. Others think it is better to spend money for the development of electric and other types of cars that may cause less pollution. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Over the years, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of personal vehicles on roads. They have polluted the air and caused global warming. Some people argue that in order to solve this issue, the government should spend more money on public transportation; others opine that investing in electric cars is even better. In my opinion, investing in public transport is the best short term solution. A permanent solution is to adopt electric cars.
There are many studies that suggest that investing in public transportation is better for society. To start with, it significantly reduces the number of cars on the road, which in turn translates to less traffic congestion and shorter time to reach destination. Travelling on public transportation, such as buses and trains increases the productivity of a person. People can work on their projects, assignments or invest this time in learning new skills. This time would have been wasted if they had chosen to drive a personal vehicle. Investing in mass transit also means creating new jobs for the community. Thus, not only does it improve the personal life of commuters but it also helps to create a thriving community.
Spending money on the development of electric cars and other green alternatives, however, is not of any less significance. Electric cars have zero emission, which tremendously helps the planet. Significant investment in these types of vehicles is of utmost) priority, especially since we are now living on the brink of an environmental disaster). With such efforts, not only are we saving the planet, but we are also helping the human race as a whole.
In my opinion, investing in public transportation is the current need of the society. Electric and other green vehicles are equally important but since their research and development are still in the nascent stage, it will be a while for them to become widely popular. They are not as affordable as their fossil fuel counterparts yet. If we invest in public transportation, we can realize the effects almost instantaneously. This will help the environment in the present and once electric vehicles become more popular and affordable they too will have a significant positive impact on the overall health of the planet.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Providing Free Public Transport Is The Best Way To Reduce Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample