In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent this?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The contamination of air and water caused predominantly by industries and construction activities is a big problem faced by developing countries. The government can take certain measures to reduce air and water pollution. For example, it can have a regulatory board which monitors the activities of factories and construction companies to ensure that they meet emission standards. The government should also enact laws that move industries to peripheral areas of the city. This essay will discuss these measures in detail.
Industrial emission can be kept in check/ control by having regulatory bodies which periodically examine the waste they produce and issue certificates. This certificate should be valid for only a few months and on its expiry, the board should perform the quality checks again If the factory does not renew the certificate, their license to operate should be cancelled. Another measure is to have all the industries outside city limits so that the pollutants do not affect the people.
Similar regulatory board can be formed for construction business as well. Since construction can happen anywhere in the city, this board should make sure that the air pollutants like cement and sand do not spread around. They can also check if the construction company has measures in place to treat waste water so that it does not pollute sources of drinking water.
In conclusion, the widely faced problem of air and water pollution in several developing countries can be reduced by appointing regulatory boards. These boards should enforce strict rules for industries and construction to ensure that they conform to standards pertaining to air and water pollutants. In addition, the government should move industries to areas outside the city.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Declining Quality Of Air And Water Is A Growing Problem In Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Quality Of Air And Water Is Declining Due To Industries And Construction
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Band 8 essay about the growing demand for fresh water resources