In Many Countries, Women Are Allowed To Take Maternity Break From Their Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first months after the birth of their babies. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In recent years, maternity leave has gradually been considered as a righteous measure for the welfare of female employees. Some people believe this action is beneficial for women and their babies, while other people deem that maternity leave may also cause some issues. This essay will discuss why the advantages of advantages of offering maternity leave outweigh the disadvantages.
The provision of maternity leave can cause some issues for the employer in terms of daily operations and human resource management. To be specific, maternity leave means that female employees are taking day-offs with pay for a few months, and during this period of time, the company needs to either get their colleagues to fill in for them or hire new employees to ensure the daily operations are not impaired. For example, if a female employee can have 3 months for her maternity break, and there are 5 people having their breaks for maternity reasons, the company may suffer a crisis of human resource, and the daily operations of this company can be severely impaired. Hence, I think the provision of maternity leave does impact the operations of the company negatively.
From the viewpoint of human rights, I think maternity leave reflects how the modern society emphasises on the well-being of women. Thanks to the feminist movements in recent decades, the whole society has obtained a better understanding of the importance for women to have maternity breaks. To explain this, research has revealed that having a break from work can be conducive for the physical health of new mothers. Moreover, the mother’s presence is crucial for the emotional and physical development of the baby. Since children are the future of any nation, ensuring their normal growth and development is of paramount importance for any country. Thus, it can be seen that maternity break is crucial for the well-being of both mothers and babies.
In conclusion, despite the disadvantages that may affect the company’s operations and management, maternity leave is proven to be beneficial for both mothers and their infants, and hence, the advantages of offering maternity leave outweigh the disadvantages. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Small Businesses Should Avoid Recruiting Young Women Who Do Not Have Their Own Family In Order To Avoid Paying Maternity Leave | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 report about employment figures among men and women
- Phrasal verbs with break
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- Should The Government Reserve A Certain Percentage Of High Level Jobs To Women? | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Men And Women Are Having Babies Late In Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Women Are Not Suitable For Jobs In Armed Forces | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people believe that in present times, women do get as much equality at work as men
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- There Is Far More Attention On Men’s Sports Than Women’s Sport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample