In Many Countries Today, Crime Novels And TV Crime Dramas Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries today, crime novels and TV crime dramas are becoming more and more popular. Why do you think these books and TV shows are popular? What is your opinion of crime fiction and TV crime dramas?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Novels and television dramas are a reflection of the society in general. What is shown in dramas is similar to what actually happens in our society. In most of the countries today, crime novels and TV dramas related to crime are becoming common and, individuals are adoring these types of shows and books. In my opinion, this is not a positive development for the society as dramas and books can be an effective medium to sway the mind-set of the people.
TV shows and books are a great source of entertainment and the favourite pastime of general public. In recent times series and books related to crime are gaining more and more popularity.
The primary reason for this is that they involve such stories or characters which influence the audience. Moreover, people start relating their life to this type of entertainments. Crime novels and books involve nudity, violence and robbery which people think will refresh them after a long day at work.
However, crime related series or books contain content which is strictly targeted at a selected audience. This type of shows cannot be watched with the entire family. Also, some people may get inspired by such shows and enact the same in their life. Unfortunately, this can have disastrous consequences for them and the society.
To conclude, production houses or writers should create such type of stories which have a beneficial effect on the society. They need to understand that their work influences the masses and hence they should produce stories and movies which have a reformatory effect on the society.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- In Some Countries, The Amount of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Reduce Crime Is To Give Longer Prison Sentences | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Eliminating poverty is the best way to reduce crime rates
- IELTS speaking practice 3rd part
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about growing crime rate
- Cricket Has Become More Popular Than The National Sports In The Sub Continental Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Spend Money To Eliminate The Cause Of Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample