In many countries, the rich are becoming richer and poor are becoming poorer. Why is this a problem? What solutions are there to tackle this problem?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few people in many nations and they accumulate more and more wealth. Because of this the deprived sections of the society are becoming poorer and poorer. This essay will discuss some of the problems caused by this and suggest solutions for it.
In some countries, much of the economy is controlled by a few large corporate houses and this leads to uneven distribution of wealth. The small-scale business entrepreneurs therefore have to give up their business due to pricing competition that they cannot compete with the large-scale business holders. For instance, presently people go to supermarkets and hyper-markets to purchase the household things because of the low price offered by them. As a result, small vendors face a recession and they have to close their businesses.
Another cause of this problem is that quality education is beyond the reach of poor people. They have to send their children to state funded schools where they do not tech very well. Many of these children eventually drop out of school to find employment. Since they lack education, they cannot find a good job or earn a decent salary.
Making education and opportunities available to everyone is the best solution to this problem. The governments can support and encourage the small-scale business people by providing special schemes and low interest loans to develop their business. Increasing the tax on imported goods in supermarkets and reducing the tax on indigenously made goods help the development of small scale business sector. In addition, the government must ensure that quality education is available for free to poor students.
To conclude, the gap between the rich and poor should be narrowed by providing free higher education to the deprived class and making loans and subsidies available for their business.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Rich Are Becoming Richer And Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- IELTS essay sample | The rich are getting richer
- Band 7 essay sample | Rich nations should help poor nations
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor Is Widening