In Many Countries, The Government Prohibits Underage Children From Getting Full-Time Jobs
In many countries, the government prohibits underage children from getting full-time jobs. Is it a good thing or bad thing?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Employing children full time is illegal in many countries. In my opinion, this is a positive trend as it enables children to receive complete education and protects them from exploitation leading to many long term benefits for the society.
One of the key reasons to discourage underage children from working is to protect them from being exploited at their jobs. As child labour is illegal, most of the countries do not protect underage children working full-time. As a result, they are made to work overtime and in life-threatening situations. Besides, they are paid very low in comparison to adult-workers.
Another reason to consider is that full-time work deprives children of the opportunity to complete their studies because working children concentrate more on their work and neglect their studies and this results in poor grades. Poor grades are a common reason for children to discontinue school and give up studying. For instance, the law banning the employment of underage children in Sweden significantly decreased the college dropout rate. Moreover, without complete formal education, one cannot expect to escape poverty after growing up.
Finally, the greater the number of educated citizens, the faster the rate of progress of a country. Because of legal prohibition of children from involving in full-time occupations, more of them will now aim for the completion of their studies, and this will increase the number of educated people in the society boosting its workforce. Consequently, the economic situation of the country will enhance making it prosperous.
In conclusion, as many countries have taken legal measures to prevent young children from working full-time, the advantages it brings are too many which is why it must be considered as a positive approach.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Many Countries, The Government Prohibits Underage Children From Getting Full-Time Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Part Time Jobs For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Education Should Be Compulsory For All Children
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Are distance learning programs as effective as full time programs?
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS about the growing popularity of part time jobs
- In Some Countries, The Government Prioritises Economic Growth Above All Other Concerns | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample