In Many Countries, The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many Countries, the amount of crime is increasing. What do you think are the main causes of Crime? How can we deal with those causes?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Criminal activities are on the rise in a large number of countries and it is a major cause of concern for the contemporary world. It is the case irrespective of whether the country is developed or in the developing stage. This essay shall delve into the reason for this negative development and discuss some solutions to ameliorate the situation. There are a plethora of factors leading to the steep upward curve of the crime rate.
Firstly, the developing and under developed nations do not have adequate employment opportunities for their entire population and at the same time, inflation is such countries is always on the rise. This leads to the mushrooming growth of crimes such as robbery, theft, and sometimes even heinous crimes such as murder for just a small sum of money. Other reasons leading to illegal activities are recession causing loss of jobs, population explosion and a deteriorating political situation where the government is unable to come up with reforms or economic policies as per the changing needs of a country, and so on.
In the developed countries too, crime rates show an upward trend. However, their reasons may differ. The materialistic modern era and the fast-paced world of ever-changing technology demand high levels of spending / consumerism. Certain individuals resort to these illegal actions to buy the latest gadgets that their friends and peers have purchased. For example, a study revealed that as soon as a new iPhone by the Apple company is launched, the crime rate increases for a couple of weeks.
There are some possible solutions for these problems. The government and the politicians should focus on the economic welfare of their nation and it should be their utmost priority. Creating more jobs and controlling inflation should be their key goal. Criminals should be given exemplary punishment so that it instils fear amongst potential offenders. Furthermore, there should be awareness amongst the people that materialistic possessions should not be their ultimate goal and that their focus should be on channelising their energy in the positive direction which can help them earn better.
To recapitulate, there are a multitude of causes for the increase in the crime rate and it needs to be tackled by the country by eliminating the causes leading to crime.
- In Some Countries, The Amount of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Such As Doctors And Teachers Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Own Country To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Own Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Rising Crime Rates
- Some People Think That High End Technology Can Prevent And Cut Down Crime Rate | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Why is the crime rate increasing?