In Many Countries, Schools Have Severe Problems With Student Behaviour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Educational institutions have reported many challenges with lack of discipline among students. This is mainly because of the influence of technology on students. Also, schools lack the authority to take actions against such behaviour. To tackle this, parents should strictly monitor their children’s screen time and schools should be granted more power to take disciplinary action against students.
The primary reason for the arrogant / impolite behaviour of students is an exponential rise in the use of technology among them. This is because they are busy living in the virtual world of violence and action that they forget the norms of living in the real world. When this is challenged by their teachers and they are asked to be attentive in class, students generally exhibit behavior problems. Additionally, schools and colleges have nearly no authority to take strict actions against impudent students. Consequently, rules have become lethargic and the students know that no extreme action can be taken against them, thus they become more arrogant/disrespectful.
There are many solutions available for this problem. The main way to combat behavioral challenges is strict parental intervention on usage of technology. This can be done through setting time limit on use of computers as well as spending more time with their kids to increase human communication and presence. Furthermore, as students spend a substantial amount of time in schools, it is essential to grant justifiable and enough rights to them for taking corrective actions. For example, a teacher should be allowed to do stricter marking in exams for students who are not behaving well with them. This will make these students respectful towards the educators if they want to pass with good marks.
To conclude, students are exhibiting extreme behavior as they spend more time away from other humans in the virtual world, while schools are not authorized to take any actions. Granting adequate authority to school management to take disciplinary actions is the most viable solution to this problem. Parents also need to strictly monitor what students are watching on TV or playing on computer.
- Some Parents And Teachers Think That Children’s Behaviour Should Be Strictly Controlled | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Some People Believe That Teenagers Are Facing More Problems Because Parents Are Spending More Time At Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents And Teachers Make Many Rules For Children To Encourage Good Behaviour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools
- Children Learn By Observing The Behaviour Of Adults And Copying It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries Boys And Girls Are Educated In Different Schools | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people feel that boarding schools are an excellent option for children | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Discipline Is An Ever Increasing Problem In Modern Schools | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Behaviour Of Students In Class Is Becoming Worse And Worse | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample