In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phones Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, paying for things using mobile phone apps is becoming increasingly common. Does this development have more advantages or more disadvantages?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
At present, the use of several mobile applications to make payments for products has become a common phenomenon in many nations. Despite having the risk of getting your money stolen, the benefit of convenience provided by these software applications outweighs any drawbacks.
One evident negative aspect of using smart phone applications for payment purposes is that there is the risk of getting your money stolen. This is to say that many hackers exploit users’ financial information and steal money in their banks. Therefore, there can be a great risk of exploitation of
individual’s hard-earned money. For example, in 2010, ‘Wonga’ online payments
app was hacked by some intruders, and, thus hundreds of users lost their money. However, these days
several stronger security algorithms are used in order to make card details
safe and secure.
The biggest positive of using these apps is that they provide people with a lot of convenience. When they go for shopping, they do not need to worry about carrying a huge amount of cash around. They can simply pay their bills by making use of various online payment apps. Moreover, people can now pay their mobile and electricity bills without physically visiting their offices through online payment apps. For example, people can make online transactions, pay bills, book tickets etc. Therefore, paying through mobile applications is a preferable choice.
In conclusion, although there can be some chances of misuse of people’s money, the convenience of making online transactions provided by these apps outshine any disadvantages.
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phones Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That We Can Now Watch Movies On Mobile Phones And Tablets | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Plastic Money Replacements Such As Credit And Debit Cards Are Extremely Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- Many Children Have Access To The Internet And Mobile Phones At Very Young Ages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?