In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, paying for things using mobile phone apps is becoming increasingly common. Does this development have more advantages or disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.How to write a band 8 IELTS essay? Find tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The advancements in technology have made our life effortless. Nowadays, the majority of the population utilize this technology for many purposes such as paying bills, banking and shopping. Though there are certain disadvantages to online payment, its merits outweigh them.
There are numerous benefits to E-payment. Firstly, people can pay bills from their comfort zones, be it home or office by a simple click of the button. This saves them a lot of time and energy. For instance, they do not have to travel to the telephone office or stand in long queue to remit their bills anymore. Instead they can use this valuable time for other meaningful purposes.
Secondly, payment through apps saves us money. Many applications offer discounts and reductions when payment is made through them. For example, I received a 5% cashback for my first electricity bill payment made through GPay. These offers are a major reason for the wide use of such applications. Thus, it is clear that E-payment saves humankind his valuable time and money.
Having said that, there are a few downsides to this payment modality. Older people may not be familiar with the latest technology and their applications. In other words, the elderly can find it rather complicated. Therefore, online payment may be unsuitable for most older people. There is also the risk of fraud. If the phone or the laptop gets stolen, the payment information saved on it could be misused.
To conclude, in this advanced world people prefer to use mobile phone applications for transactions. Even though it has some disadvantages, online payment saves mankind time, energy and money and hence its advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries It Is Becoming Increasingly Common For People To Follow A Vegetarian Diet | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor What People Are Saying And Doing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | People Have More Responsibilities Than Paying Taxes
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- You Recently Had A Meal In A Restaurant And Left Your Mobile Phone There | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Children Nowadays Play Video Games, Playstation, Mobile Games Excessively | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children