In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is true that smoking in public place is a common issue faced by almost every country in the world. Most of the countries have enacted strict laws banning smoking in open places. If they wish to smoke, there are designated smoking zones where they will need to go. I completely agree with this point of view as there are innocent passive smokers also who inhale the smoke and are affected by it.
In my opinion, smoking has so many bad effects on the health. To list out it is the primary cause of cancer, lungs problems and other respiratory problems. Smoking in public places will cause innocent people who are standing by to inhale the smoke. This will result in various health problems for the entire section of the society. Smokers should always remember that they are creating a bad role model especially for the younger generation.
On the other hand, it would be inconvenient for them to step out of their houses or offices every time they feel like smoking. Although smoking is a hard habit to break this ban on public speaking will certainly force them to reduce smoking. Moreover, it will be a benefit to the government as the waste generated due to smoking will also be very less.
To conclude, smoking has many negative effects on health of both the smoker and those around him and it also is hazardous to the nature. In my opinion, the countries which ban smoking of cigarettes in public places are taking the right measure to prevent and protect public health and safety.
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- In Many Cities, The Use Of Video Cameras In Public Places Is Being Increased In Order To Reduce Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- IELTS essay about the tobacco menace
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health