In Many Countries, Crime Novels And TV Crime Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries today, crime novels and TV crime are becoming more and more popular. Why do you think these books and T shows are popular? What is your opinion of crime fiction and TV crime drams? Give reasons and include any relevant examples.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In recent years, detective stories and crime series have been becoming a favourite among people. This essay will discuss why this trend has become prominent and also my opinion about these types of novels and shows in the upcoming paragraphs.
The main reason for this popularity of crime related programs and stories is that people are naturally curious about incidents such as murder, robbery, disasters etc. In other words, these days people are hearing of / learning about these kinds of tragedies daily through newspapers, televisions, and other social media. So, if they obtain any chances to know about the crimes and how they happen. So, when they hear about these crimes happening around them, they will definitely want to watch them on television. For instance, the well-known crime thriller series Money-Heist on Netflix has an IMDB rating of 8.4/10 and it is much higher than the ratings of drama. It clearly shows the popularity of these programmes among the masses. Similarly, most comic or romantic stories have predictable climaxes, but crime novels tend to be full of suspense and hence readers are eager to promptly finish reading the book. Therefore, readers are keener towards such stories.
In my opinion, those kinds of books and series are always thrilling for everyone without any age barrier. In the same way, they provide long-lasting enjoyment and experience to viewers. In addition to this, while watching and reading about this type of criminal activity, people will be more conscious about what is happening around them. For example, recently there were news reports about a woman who saved herself from kidnappers by using some tactics she read about in a book.
In conclusion, the popularity of crime thrillers can be attributed to human’s natural curiosity about crime and violence. The main advantage of reading or watching about crime is that it helps people to take precautions for their safety.
- In Many Countries Today, Crime Novels And TV Crime Dramas Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- In Some Countries, The Amount of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS speaking practice 3rd part
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Reading Keeps A Person’s Mind Active
- IELTS essay: Why is the crime rate increasing?
- People Think That The Best Way To Reduce Crime Is To Give Longer Prison Sentences | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers