In Many Cities Today, Most People Live In Large Apartment Blocks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many cities today, most people live in large apartment blocks. Does this kind of accommodation have more advantages or disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, high rise buildings have become a ubiquitous part of our society especially in urban areas. There are many reasons for people to choose this kind of living. In this essay, we will discuss the merits and demerits of living in a gated community.
The first and foremost reason for people to choose apartment over independent house is the affordability. A flat in a building block is more economical especially for middle class families and private/salaried employees. As banks are providing home loans at attractive interest rates, people are able to afford them easily. This kind of accommodation helps most individuals to fulfil their dream of having their own shelter.
Moreover, a home in an apartment block comes with amenities such as gyms, swimming pools, club houses, malls, parks and so on. Additionally, most of these modern buildings are near the centre of the city and people can avail services of hospitals easily in case of emergency. As apartments are closely built, elders/retired persons can easily make friends with their neighbours and form communities.
Lastly, apartment complexes can house hundreds of families on a small piece of land and this makes them suitable for space starved urban areas. However, every coin has two sides. Most apartments have restrictions on pets and garden. Hence, animal and nature lovers may be disappointed. Also, there is a space limit in a high-rise building and this makes it impossible to change the architecture of flat/home in future.
To recapitulate, the majority of urban people choose to live in high-rise buildings because this living is more affordable and services offered along with it are worth every penny. There are certain downsides which can be ignored when compared to positives because it is really difficult to find shelter in this contemporary world.
- Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
- Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 8 IELTS Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Do high rise apartments make people lonely and unhappy?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Do Apartments Have More Advantages Than Houses?
- Some People Think That In Order To Solve Traffic And Transportation Problems People Should Be Encouraged To Live In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Living In Large Cities Today Poses Many Problems For People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today The Quality Of Life In Large Cities Is Decreasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample