In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
When the joint family concept was prominent in Britain five decades ago, the aged were taken care of by their children at their residence. With the advent of the nuclear family, living in retirement homes has become the norm. I believe that the cost of this care should be borne by the government instead of the respective families. This essay will delve more into this topic.
Aging is an essential aspect of human life and a peaceful stage too. In this modern age, young adults do not have the time or means to take care of their elders. As a result, the aged are left with no choice other than opting for retirement t homes. With the passage of time, the cost of living is increasing enormously. Consequently, it has become an uphill task for the youngsters to provide elderly care / eldercare. Also, it results in ill-treatment of the old or harassment in a few cases. Such incidents are happening in more than 78% of the families when funds are to be provided by the near and dear for such care.
The government, on the other hand, can take care of seniors because it has the resources to do. When these people were young, they paid taxes and it is the responsibility of the government to allocate a small part of that money for their care when they become old. If the government pays of the elderly population, they can be assured of a stress free retirement life. This in turn boosts their overall sense of well-being and stops people from worrying too much about their twilight years.
To conclude, in light of the arguments mentioned above, I believe that retirement homes have to be fully funded by the government.
- In Britain When Someone Gets Old They Often Go To Live In A Home With Other Old People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Britain When Someone Gets Old They Often Go To Live In A Home With Other Old People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Some Old People Choose To Live In The Retirement Communities With Other People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Living Longer. Is This A Positive Development Or Negative Development?
- People Are Living Longer So The Retirement Age Should Be Raised | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?