In Britain When Someone Gets Old They Often Go To Live In A Home With Other Old People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with
other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes
the government has to pay for this care. Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In Britain, the government pays for the nursing care of the sick and old in an Old age Home. While the government should undertake the responsibility to provide infrastructure, I believe, the family should also contribute towards the expenses to run them.
The nations should take care of its citizens not only when they are young and able but also when they grow old and need someone to take care of them. When they are young, the people pay various taxes and make contributions towards pension and social security funds. These retirement savings are to be utilized for the medical care of the old citizens. As people grow old, they are in need of more money to be spent on their health upkeep. Unfortunately, this is the time when they do not have enough savings to support such expenses. As a result, they take shelter in old age homes during such situations.
Britain is a country of broken families. Families should take care of their loved ones whether they are young or old. However, in changing times, because of divorce and other attenuating circumstances, many families have lost cohesion and individuals prefer to stay separate due to discords and irreparable relations. The children of such families are not able to take care of their parents due to lack of bonding or sometimes also, because of economic situations. As a result, the family members have to be moved to the nursing care of the facility provided by the government bodies.
Parents take care of their kids, so children have a responsibility to take care of their parents when they are old and feeble. So, they should contribute financially for them, even if they cannot personally be available for them.
I think if affordability is not an issue, the family members should pay for the nursing care as much as possible, even though the government has moral responsibility to take care of its people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Britain When Someone Gets Old They Often Go To Live In A Home With Other Old People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- Band 9 essay sample | The government should pay one of the parents to stay at home
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Home When They Become Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young Ones Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Parents Encourage Young People To Leave Home When They Become Older | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample