In A Number Of Countries, Some People Think It Is Necessary To Spend Large Sums Of Money On Constructing Railway Lines For Very Fast Trains | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Others believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organisation ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In many nations, some people feel that it is imperative to fund the construction of high speed railway lines connecting cities whereas the rest of the population opine that the money will be better spent on developing the existing public transport infrastructure. Both schools of thought have their pros and cons.
Firstly, let’s talk about why we need high speed trains connecting cities. Our economies have become more and more dependent on one another and it is important for both goods and people to travel quickly between major metros. The rapid growth of the airline industry has enabled us to play and work on a truly global scale. Airplanes are the most common mode of transport used to travel between cities as it is cheap, fast and very efficient. However, it has brought its own problems like tremendous amount of air pollution which causes health problems and most importantly global warming. This is where the high speed trains come into the picture. They run on electricity, which if generated from renewable sources like solar and hydropower solves the problem of air pollution. These days the locomotives have become very silent and thus they even put breaks on noise pollution. They will also be a lot cheaper to manufacture than planes. They will, however need to be fast enough so that people will prefer them to the aircraft. The French, Japanese and Chinese already have a huge network of high speed rail lines.
Unlike high speed trains, which connect cities, public transport enables citizens to travel within the city. The bustling metros of today have been engulfed by concrete structures and family cars. While personal vehicles have made traveling more comfortable, they have also caused a great deal of pollution. A lot of people have realized this and want to reduce the air pollution and leave behind cleaner cities for their future generations. If the government invests in public transports, more and more people will want to use it.
To conclude, I feel that building railway lines for high speed trains connecting cities and developing public transport will solve two different problems. The former will enable green and efficient travel between cities. On the other hand, the latter will allow people to commute to and from work without causing much of an impact on the environment. Therefore, I am of the opinion that both the ideas are equally important and should be funded accordingly to create a cleaner and sustainable future.
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Some People Believe Government Should Spend Money On Building Train And Subway Lines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Spend A Large Amount Of Money On Birthdays And Weddings | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- One Way To Solve Problem Of Congestion In Cities Is To Build Sky Trains Which Run Overhead | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children In Many Countries Are Eating More Fast Food And Convenience Snacks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Governments Should Spend Money On Railways Rather Than Roads | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample