IELTS writing and speaking test in Australia – General training
The following questions were asked on an IELTS test (General training) held in Australia in January 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Could you tell me your name?
What is your nationality?
Are you working or studying?
Do you exercise regularly? Why?
What are the health benefits of regular physical exercise?
Do you think that physical exercise is good for older people?
Speak about two people from the same family. Please say:
Who they are:
How often you meet them
What relationship they have with one another
Speak about the similarities between them.
Follow up question: Do you know any other members of their family?
What influence do parents have on their children?
What influence do friends have on them?
How can parents correct their children’s bad habits or behavior?
Writing test IELTS test in Australia
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You visited a museum with an elderly relative recently. However, he or she had difficulty walking around the museum. Write a letter to the manager and say:
Whom did you visit the museum with?
What problems did he or she face?
Suggest a solution that will improve the museum visit experience for an elderly person.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that students who have strict teachers tend to work harder. Others, on the other hand, believe that friendly teachers are better for students. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- IELTS test in Canada – January 2012 (General training)
- IELTS speaking test in Melbourne – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS Speaking Test in Australia
- IELTS test in Australia
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those providing general education?
- IELTS speaking test in Mumbai – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in India in November 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in Brazil – January 2012
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related