The following questions were asked on an IELTS test (Academic module) held in the UAE in January 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Listening test IELTS test in the UAE
A person who wanted to arrange a birthday party was inquiring on the phone about the facilities provided by a hotel.
The manager at a health center was talking with a new receptionist about their patients and doctors and the floor plan of the building.
Questions were of the diagram and map labeling kind.
A student and a tutor were talking about the advantages and disadvantages of the wind turbines used in Australia.
Passage 1 was about the causes that led to the extinction of apes around the world.
Questions: match quotations to experts’ names.
Passage 2 was about the development of mathematical tables and models to solve problems.
Passage 3 was about music therapy and its power to heal people suffering from illnesses such as burns and autism.
Questions: Filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given, matching exercises.
Writing task 1 (a report)
A table showing the oil production in four African countries over a period of four years was given. Test takers were asked to write a report based on the information given in the table.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Youngsters now admire and imitate media and sports personalities even though they do not always set a good example. Do you think that this is a positive or negative development?
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in Melbourne – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Algeria
- IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS test (academic) in Lahore in November 2011
- IELTS test in Australia
- IELTS test in India in November 2011 (Academic module)