The following questions were asked on an IELTS test recently held in Taiwan. Source www.ielts-blog.com
IELTS listening test
A piece of conversation about call tariffs and internet fees between a person who has rented an apartment and a building assistant manager
Questions: fill in the blanks and multiple choice type
A person who owns a botanical garden talks about her garden.
Question: multiple choice type
Two students were heard discussing the requirements for a presentation.
Questions: fill in the blanks, answer in no more than three words
About the construction of the first railway in Australia
Questions: fill in the blanks, multiple choice
The first passage was a research paper on managerial positions.
Questions: True / False / Not Given, find the appropriate letter for right answers.
The second passage was about the discovery of the first analogue computer.
Questions: fill in blanks, match people’s names to appropriate phrases.
The third passage was about a research into photography.
Questions: match title for each paragraph, match names of people to the relevant phrases, multiple choice
Writing task 1 (a report)
The first task was to write a report. A table showing the percentage of population over age 60 in 8 regions across the world between the years 2000 and 2005 was given. Test takers were asked to write a report consisting of at least 150 words based on the information given in the table.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Companies now prefer to hire people with good social skills as well as good academic qualifications. Do you think that social skills are now getting more important than educational qualifications?
A model answer for this essay can be found here.
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS Test in India (Questions)
- IELTS test in Algeria
- IELTS test (academic) in Lahore in November 2011
- IELTS test in India in November 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in the UK in December 2011
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam