The following questions were asked on an IELTS test held in Saudi Arabia in April 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
First passage was about wild horses and a conservation program in Mongolia.
Passage 2 was about the sense of smell and the relationship it has with memory.
Passage 3 was about extinct languages.
Writing task 1 (a report)
Two bar graphs were given. One of them showed population per square km in 6 countries. The other showed the changes in urban population during the same time span. Test takers were asked to write a report based on the information given in the graphs.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some families are in favour of allowing children to play video games, while others are against it. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Are you coming from a big city or a small town?
Tell me something about your home city.
Do people in your community have close relationships with one another?
Do you think children can be safely brought up in your community? Why?
Speak about your best friend. Please say:
Who is your best friend?
How did you meet him / her?
How often do you see him / her?
Why is he / she your best friend?
What sort of person he / she is?
Do you think that friendship is important?
Does friendship pose a problem at workplace? Why?
Why do people have to break up with their friends sometimes?
What is more important to you – friends or family? Why?
Do you enjoy a friendly relationship with your kids?
- IELTS test in India and Saudi Arabia
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Brunei – February 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Bangladesh – February 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS writing and speaking test in the UK – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test (academic) in Lahore in November 2011