IELTS Test in India (Questions)
The following questions were asked on an IELTS test recently held in India. The test-taker who shared the questions with IELTS-Blog.com doesn’t remember much about the listening section of the test.
Four passages were given for reading.
The first passage was about the Rottnest Island. The questions were of the ‘match the sentences’ type.
The second passage was about the Luca Manufacturing Company.
The third passage was about the email and internet usage at one company. Questions were of the fill in the blanks type.
Fourth passage was about a desalination plant in California. Different types of questions (blanks fills, short-answer questions and True / false / not given) were asked.
The first writing task was a letter.
You had a minor accident in the kitchen of the apartment you have rented. Write a letter to your landlord explaining:
What had happened?
How the accident happened?
What were the things that were damaged?
What your landlord has to do about it?
You can spend 20 minutes on this task. You have to write at least 150 words.
You can find a model answer for this question here.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In some countries, grandparents play a significant role in bringing up children. Is it good or bad?
You can spend 40 minutes on this task. You have to write at least 250 words.
A model answer for this question can be found here.
- What is your name?
- What should I call you?
- Do you like to give gifts to people?
- What kind of gifts do you usually give to people?
- Tell me something about the city you live in.
- What is it famous for?
- Do you like to do household chores?
- What type of household chores did you do as a child?
Test takers had to speak about an expensive thing they had bought. A cue card was given with the following questions. Say:
- What is it?
- Where did you buy it from?
- When did you buy it?
The topic for discussion was somewhat related to the topic for speech.
- Why do people buy a lot of things?
- IELTS Secrets: Why Time Is Your Biggest Enemy And How You Can Conquer It?
- IELTS vocabulary test 2
- IELTS vocabulary test 1
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
- IELTS test in India and Saudi Arabia
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in India – January 2012
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)