IELTS test in Canada – January 2012 (General training)
The following questions were asked on an IELTS test (General Training) held in Canada in January 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Writing test IELTS test in Canada
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are finding it difficult to pay rent for the house you live in. Write a letter to your landlord explaining your current financial position and ask if it would be possible to lower the rent.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that to be a good teacher, you need to acquire training in teaching, while others believe that teaching capabilities can be developed with experience. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
What is your name?
Where are you coming from?
Do you like to entertain guests?
Where would you like to entertain guests – at home or outside of it? Why?
Tell me something about the house you live in.
What is your dream house like?
What are your goals for the near future?
A cue card was given with the following question:
If you were to start a business, what kind of business would it be?
Test takers were asked to say:
How they knew about it.
What inspired them to do it.
What advantage that business had.
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in Mumbai – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in India – January 2012
- IELTS speaking test in Melbourne – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic module)