The following questions were asked on an IELTS test (academic module) held in Brazil in February 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Listening test IELTS test in Brazil
A man was heard talking with a call center operator to get information about some software related event in Toronto.
Questions: gap fills
Test takers were asked to listen to an Australian radio program in which a woman talked about the places to visit.
Questions: multiple choice questions
A student and his tutor were heard talking about academic problems and ways to solve them. Questions: sentence completion.
A lecture about the passion fruit grown in Indonesia
Questions: multiple choice questions and gap fills
Passage 1 was about the importance of parks.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs, match authors to their quotes.
Passage 2 was about fibers and fabrics.
Questions: multiple choice questions, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 3 was about the development of newborn babies in the first few months
Writing task 1 (a report)
Three charts showing information regarding bestselling video games and the age and gender of people playing those games were given. Test takers were asked to summarize and compare that information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that companies and private tour operators, instead of government, should bear the cost of cleaning up environmental pollution. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this?
Where are you coming from?
What do you like about this place?
What do you think about the future of this place?
Talk about an older person that you know. Please say
Who is this person?
Is there any special topic/subject that this person and you would like to talk about? Why?
What do you think about old people living with their families?
Why do you think that some companies prefer to employ older people?
Why do you think some people have a problem retiring from their jobs?
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Algeria
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
- IELTS writing and speaking test in the UK – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking test in Brazil – January 2012
- IELTS speaking test in Mumbai – January 2012 (Academic module)