IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
The following questions were asked on an IELTS test (General Training) held in Australia in January 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Listening test IELTS test in Australia
A man was heard talking about the facilities available at a hostel.
A monologue about the origin of plastic and other related topics
Two people were heard discussing the research necessary for a project and how they should share the work.
IELTS Reading test
Passage 1 was about Peter Nelson an expert on tree houses.
Questions: match people to paragraphs, who said what.
Passage 2 was about employees’ tribunal in the airline industry.
Passage 3 was about employees’ privacy at work.
Passage 4 was about holiday parks.
Questions: match the correct descriptions to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a friend who is looking for a part time job. Describe a job you have found for him/her. In your letter you have to say:
What are the duties?
Why do you think it is a good job for him/her?
What does he/she have to do to get it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Films and TV programs containing a lot of violence are hugely popular. What are the reasons for it and what, in your opinion, is their effect on society? Use examples from your own experience and give reasons for your answer.
- IELTS writing and speaking test in Australia – General training
- IELTS test in Canada – January 2012 (General training)
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS test in Australia
- IELTS test in Algeria
- IELTS test in the UK in December 2011