The following questions were asked on an IELTS test HELD in Australia in January 2012. Source: www.ielts-blog.com
Listening test IELTS test in Australia
A woman who had applied for a job opening at a book stall was asked about her address, work experience and availability for the job.
Information for students staying at a hostel
Conversation between two students about their research
Lecture about the invention of plastic
Passage 1 was about the different types of Olympic torch designs.
Passage 2 was about the pros and cons of mining at the sea floor.
Passage 3 was about the study of languages.
Writing task 1 (a report)
Test takers were asked to write a report based on a graph that showed the kind and quantity of materials used to produce 10000 disposable polystyrene and paper cups.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that young children should be allowed to follow their instincts and act accordingly. Others disagree with this view. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Where do you live at the moment?
Please tell me something about the house you live in.
What is your dream house like?
Which part of the day do you like the most?
Do you have any particular weekend schedule?
Do you play indoor games?
Speak about a movie that you recently saw. Please say:
What was the title of the movie?
Where did you see it – at home or in a cinema?
When did you see it?
Questions about violence in media, education and the relation between media and education
- IELTS test in the UAE – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Taiwan – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Brazil – February 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS writing and speaking test in the UK – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS speaking test in Mumbai – January 2012 (Academic module)