The following questions were asked on IELTS tests held in Australia and Malaysia in January 2012.
IELTS Listening test in Malaysia
Section 1 of the listening test was about an insurance deal. Section 2 was about the rules regarding the disposal of garbage. Section 3 was a piece of conversation between a student and a lecturer. Section 4 was about archeology and archeologists.
IELTS Writing test
Writing task 1 (a report)
The first task was to write a report based on the given data. A bar graph showing data regarding the usage of water by sectors like agriculture, industries and households in four countries were given.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that allowing multinational companies to open offices and factories in developing countries is good for the economic growth of those countries. Others, however, believe that governments should ask foreign companies to shut shop and help local companies to grow. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What is your name?
Where are you coming from?
Do you enjoy dancing?
On what special occasions do people in your country dance?
Talk about a job that you would like to do. Please say:
What the job is
Why you like to do it
Is your current job better paying than your previous one?
Which jobs command the highest salary in your country?
What sort of jobs do you think should be paid better?
What do you think about changing careers?
Do you think that it is a good idea to change careers once in a while?
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia – January 2012
- IELTS test in Australia
- IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS test in India in November 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS test (academic) in Lahore in November 2011
- IELTS Test in Namibia
- IELTS Speaking Test in Australia
- IELTS test in the UK in December 2011