The following questions were asked in an IELTS Speaking test recently held in India.
Examiner: What do you do?
Candidate: I am a teacher. I teach physics at the government higher secondary school in Palakkad.
Examiner: Were you playing outdoors as a child?
Candidate: Yes, I was. I used to spend a great deal of time outdoors. I have an elder brother and a younger sister. As soon as we got home from school, we would rush to the backyard. We used to make our own amusements. I still miss those days.
Examiner: What games were you playing then?
Candidate: I used to play badminton with my siblings. We had a swing in the garden and I used to spend a lot of time on it. When I was a child I lived in a village. There were several ponds in my village. On Sundays I would go swimming with my brother and cousins. Sometimes we played hide and seek.
Examiner: Do you allow your children to play outside now?
Candidate: Yes, I do. We now live in a city. There is a nice park opposite my home. On weekends, I take my kids there and let them play. Our home is built on a small lot and it doesn’t have a play area. So, my kids can play outside only when we take them to a park or to our native place.
- IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
- IELTS speaking test in Sri Lanka (with answers)
- IELTS speaking test in India in September
- Speaking test practice questions
- IELTS speaking test in India | Sample questions and answers
- IELTS speaking test in Sri Lanka
- IELTS speaking part 1 practice test
- IELTS Speaking Practice Questions from India
- IELTS speaking practice questions and answers
- Strategies for the 3rd part of the speaking module