IELTS speaking topic
Talk about a happy childhood experience you remember. Please say
– What was the experience?
– When and where was it?
– Explain why it is an unforgettable experience for you.
I am going to talk about my first train journey. I was ten or eleven at that time and it was the first time I had boarded a train. Of course I had seen trains before but I hadn’t been inside one of them so I was super excited about this journey. My uncle who lived in Mumbai at that time had visited us during that summer. He took my sister and me with him when he returned to Mumbai. We traveled by train. That journey is still etched in my end. I still remember our coach number and seat number. We boarded the train at 4 pm. Its sheer length astonished me. I had a window seat and I sat staring out for hours on end. I couldn’t sleep well at night because I wasn’t used to sleeping on a train, but that didn’t dampen my spirits.
I was born in a small village in Kerala and there buses were the chief means of transport. Trains had always fascinated me; however, there weren’t many opportunities to travel by them. Now I commute to work by trains and they no longer interest me. Still, that first journey remains special and unforgettable.
- IELTS SpeakingTask card: Describe a recent journey
- IELTS speaking part 2: Talk about a difficult experience
- IELTS speaking part 2: Best childhood memory
- Cue Card | Describe your last journey
- Talk about something you did in a hurry | IELTS speaking practice
- IELTS speaking practice questions and answers
- IELTS speaking questions with answers
- IELTS speaking practice | Talk about your future plans
- Speaking Sample: Talk About A Musical Event You Enjoyed Attending
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems