IELTS speaking: sample task cards
The second part of the Speaking test is a speech. You will be given a task card with a topic and three or four questions. You will have to talk about the given topic for one or two minutes. You will get one minute to prepare your answer.
Here is a sample Task Card
Please read the topic below carefully. You will be asked to talk about it for one to two minutes. You will have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Describe a musical event you enjoyed attending. You should say:
What the event you attended was
Where it took place
Who was with you
Also explain why enjoyed the event.
More task cards are given below.
Task card sample 2
Describe a situation when you helped someone in the past. Please say
What the situation was
Whom did you help?
How did you help him or her?
Also explain how you felt after helping him / her
Task Card 3
Describe a film you saw and really liked. You should say:
The name of the film
When and where you watched it
What the film was about
Also explain why you enjoyed the film.
Task Card 4
Describe a skill you learned recently. You should say:
What the skill is
Why you learned it
Who helped you learn it
Also explain how this skill is going to be useful to you.
Task Card 5
Describe a team project you were involved in. Please say
What the project was
When you worked on that project
Was the project successful?
Also explain how you felt about being involved in that project.
Task Card 6
Describe a wedding you enjoyed. Please say
Whose wedding it was
When and where it was held
Why you enjoyed it
- An overview of the speaking module
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- IELTS speaking test in Nigeria
- IELTS test in India in November 2011 (Academic module)
- IELTS speaking and writing tests in Perth, Australia
- IELTS speaking sample test
- IELTS speaking test in India
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS Speaking Questions: July 2011
- IELTS speaking and writing tests in India and Egypt (academic module)