IELTS speaking part 2: Talk about a difficult experience
IELTS speaking part 2
Talk about a time when you had to make a difficult choice. Please say:
– Why was it difficult?
– What and whom did it involve?
– What was the outcome of the choice you made?
– Were there any consequences?
Changing careers was the most difficult choice I have ever made in my life. I am an engineer by profession. I have a degree in engineering and I worked as an engineer at an MNC for two years before I decided to quit that job to pursue a career in writing. I wasn’t happy with my job. The salary was good, but I didn’t like my job. I wanted to quit and become a writer. But I was not sure if I would make it happen. I don’t have any degrees in writing. Also, my family was dependent on my salary. Still, I wanted to switch careers. So, after contemplating the switch for several months, I finally resigned one fine morning. My parents were upset with me over this decision. After quitting my job I did a short course in writing and then applied for a job at several publishing houses. Eventually, I did find a good job as a writer, but it took me well over one year to get that job. Today, I have somewhat established myself as a writer and blogger. I also do a bit of freelance writing. My new job does not pay as much as my previous job, but I am happy. Earlier I hated having to go to work; today, I enjoy going to work.
- Irrevocable (adjective)
- IELTS letter: thank-you letter to ex-employer
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- Speaking Sample: Talk About A Musical Event You Enjoyed Attending
- Cue card: Talk about a subject that you didn’t like learning at school
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Job-Related