IELTS speaking part 1 practice test
Here are some sample questions that may be asked in the IELTS speaking test.
Examiner: I would like to ask you a few general questions about yourself. Do you live in a city, a town or in the country?
Candidate: I live in a small town about 30 kilometers from here.
Examiner: Is it a good place for young people?
Candidate: Well, I like the peace and quiet that I can experience there. It is a small town of about 2000 people. I also like the roads lined with huge trees. But apart from these, there aren’t many things that a young person like me can do there. There aren’t many places to go out to. There are no clubs or parks. There is a library and that is where I spend most of my spare time.
Examiner: Now, let’s talk about television. Do you like watching television?
Candidate: I don’t watch TV that much. I would rather read a book or go for a walk. That said, I do watch DVDs every now and then.
Examiner: What kind of TV programs did you like to watch when you were a child?
Candidate: I mainly watched channels like Discovery and Animal Planet. They are very informative. I like programs about wildlife. I still watch them occasionally.
Examiner: Now let’s talk about sports. Do you play any sports? Which ones?
Candidate: Yes, I do. I am crazy about cricket. I am not a great batsman or bowler, but I was part of my school team. I wasn’t the best player in the team, but I wasn’t that bad either. I still play cricket with my friends whenever I can. I also like to watch tennis and football.
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- IELTS Speaking part 1: Sample Questions and Answers
- Speaking module practice test 1
- IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
- IELTS speaking test in Sri Lanka (with answers)
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- Strategies for the 3rd part of the speaking module
- IELTS speaking sample test
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers